Sunday, February 10, 2019

My Trip to Playa del Carmen (Part 5)


January 28th, 2019

It was cold last night. I slept in socks, sweat pants and a hoodie, as opposed to just shorts or underwear like I normally do. I actually slept pretty well though. I’m not sure if we’re going to swim with sea turtles today. My friend wasn't able to finish off all of his errands and it’s still chilly this morning. At least it’s not raining. Yet.

It's been a lot wetter here than I thought it would be. 

Tomorrow I’m going to Chichen Itzu, a major Mayan ruin about 300 kilometres away. I was thinking about going so I asked about a tour downtown yesterday and one of the guy’s there convinced me to go. It sounds pretty sweet. The tour covers the busride there and back, buffet lunch, swimming in a giant cenote and exploration of a massive ruin site all for less than $100 Canadian. Hard to say no to a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity like that. It’ll be a full day tomorrow. I’ll probably have to get up at 6:30am and won’t get back to the apartment until 8pm or maybe even later. I fly out on Wednesday afternoon so today and tomorrow are my last couple of full days here. Then back to snow and reality. Also, back to the Bexter and the Gus Guy! That’ll be nice too.

I found a Corona bottling plant but they don't give tours.

Do you think they'd mind if I drove away with a truck full of Corona?


My Trip to Playa del Carmen (Part 3)

My Trip to Playa del Carmen (Part 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment